Sunday, August 3, 2014

Fish Out of Water

I'm not returning to teaching this year, and it's a strange and almost uncomfortable adjustment. While so many I know are rushing to purchase supplies, preparing new schedules, and even working on their days off to prepare their classrooms, I am trying to figure out my next move. I'm so used to the mad dash for the start of the school year, that I feel as though the world is moving around me at light speed. 

So what have I been doing? 

Well, aside from everything a full time Mama does, I've been attempting to wrap my head around this homeschooling stuff (curriculum, co-ops, laws, supplies, portfolio, accountability, etc.). I thought that moving from a classroom environment, where I was responsible for educating 20+, to only having to worry with my own child would be easy, but this is a totally different beast. 

I've had some great success so far at working with and helping other homeschooling families, but it's oh-so different when organizing everything to take place within my own family. Right now I feel like a fish out of water. It's as though I'm jumping from one very busy (and well known) fishbowl, to one that feels empty (for now). 

How did you feel when you were first jumping in to the world of homeschooling? 


No comments:

Post a Comment